Enjoy an amazing day tour to Petra in Jordan. Petra (Arabic. “Al Batra”) – This is by far, the most famous monument in Jordan. It located at 900 m above sea level in the narrow Siq canyon. Petra was the capital of Idumea, carved directly into the rocks more than 2 thousand years ago, and later – became the capital of the Nabatean kingdom. Due to its rich history and excellent preservation of monuments, it was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List at the end of the last century, and in 2007 became one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.
Enjoy the top things to do and see in Jordan in this guided day tour with Nile Voyage. We guarantee the best prices in all of Egypt. Book the best of day tours from Sharm El Sheikh Now!
- Transfer from hotel to the port of Nuweiba.
- Transfer to the ferry, which will take you to Akkaba.
- Stops to admire the canyons and visit the souvenirs shop.
- Visit city most famous monuments (Roman Theater, tombs of the kings).
- Walk through the Roman Byzantine Colonnade.
- Visit of Al-Khazne Farun Palace.
- Lunch at the restaurant.
First you will be transferred on comfortable bus from Sharm el Sheikh to port Nuweiba, then be transferred to the ferry, which will take you to Akkaba (Jordan Port City), where, you will be met by your guide in Jordan and after that, you will be driven to Petra (it takes about 3 hours on the bus), where the 2-3 hour excursion begins. To get to the city, you must walk, ride a horse or walk along narrow, winding gorges about 1 km.
After arriving in the city, you will visit the Al-Hazne Farun Treasury – This majestic monument of antiquity is carved in solid rock and hasa height of about 42 meters and a width of 30 meters, a Roman theater, tombs of kings, as well as hundreds of monuments and obelisks, all carved from several darkened layers of red sandstone. Walk through the Roman Byzantine Colonnade in Petra.
After that, we will continue our journey to the mountain of Al-Habis, on top of which is the fortress of the Crusader era. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the deep ravines and unique colored rock formations.
Lunch at a 5-star restaurant, then return back to Aqaba, where you will have an hour of free time for shopping, and then you will transfer to your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh.
- All transfers and movements indicated in the program are carried out by an air-conditioned car.
- Multilingual tour guide.
- Lunch at the restaurant.
- All necessary entrance fees for mentioned sites.
- Any extras not mentioned above.
- Drinks in the restaurant.
- Gratuity (recommended).
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
- Please do not forget: Photo and video equipment, head cover, appropriate, comfortable footwear, warm clothing in winter or loose clothing in summer and sunglasses.
- Evening, in the day before the tour, pleas book for yourself a breakfast box in the reception, and don’t forget to take it in the day of the tour.
TIMING & DURATION:
Pickup: Around 2:00 Am (Depending on your hotel location in Sharm el sheikh).
Drop Off: Around 21:00 Pm (the same day).
Duration: 1 day.
Tour available on: Tuesday – Friday.
Adult: 240 $ per person.